Bachelor of Pharmacy Study Program (S-1) Notokusumo College of Health Sciences Yogyakarta was established based on the Decree of the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education Number 739/KPT/1/2019 along with the change in the form of AKPER Notokusumo to STIKES Notokusumo Yogyakarta.
Vision and Mission of the Undergraduate Pharmacy Study Program
To become a Pharmacy Study Program (S1) that excels in the field of Pharmaceutical Services, Development of Natural Materials in the interests of Community Clinical Pharmacy and Science with an international and entrepreneurial outlook and produces graduates with noble character.
According to Government Regulation number 14 of 2015 About the Development Master Plan National Industry 2015-2035, Pharmaceutical industry, Cosmetics and Medical Devices are the mainstay industries and the second priority in the National Industrial Development Vision and Mission. This is a very large and extensive job opportunity for pharmaceutical workers. The pharmaceutical industry includes the drug and traditional medicine industries, where pharmaceutical expertise is very dominant in this field of work. The scope of his expertise includes managingResearch and Development, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Production of Medicinal Preparations/Traditional Medicines, Production Planning and Inventory Control, Procurement, Product Registration, to Marketing. The cosmetics, food and beverage industries are also potential fields of work very relevant to the competencies of pharmacy graduates.
Apart from the Pharmaceutical Industry sector, opportunities for pharmaceutical workers in other fields are also quite large, including:
- Education- Research. Pharmacy high schools and pharmaceutical education institutions which function to supply pharmaceutical experts, of course also need teaching staff with relevant expertise. In the field of research and development of medicines and traditional medicines, and knowledge relevant to the pharmaceutical field, various research center institutions such as LIPI and Balittro, also need pharmaceutical personnel.
- Government Agencies. Government bodies and institutions such as BPOM (Food and Drug Monitoring Agency), regional government health services, ministry of health, are part of the work domain of pharmaceutical personnel’s expertise.
- Clinical-Community. Clinical Community is an area that includes health service units such as hospitals, health centers, clinics, pharmacies and clinical diagnostic laboratories. In this area, a pharmacy graduate can play a role in administrative management, inventory and limited services. With expertise in the field of chemical-biological analysis, pharmacy graduates are also competent to become analytical experts in clinical laboratories.
- Other sectors. Several other sectors that really need pharmaceutical personnel are health insurance institutions which need verifiers or formulators of health insurance standards. Drug and medical equipment distribution companies (PBF) are also areas of expertise for pharmaceutical workers. Pharmacy graduates are one of the pharmaceutical workers who are specifically competent to fill work needs in these sectors.
Advantages of STIKES Pharmacy S-1 Notokusumo Yogyakarta:
- Organized by a campus that has 30 years of experience educating health workers
- Campus with network extensive cooperationat home and abroad
- Has a Pharmacy service model at the Notokusumo Clinic and an experienced Career Center or Notokusumo Career Center (NCC)
- Complete learning facilities
- Provide students with equipment to become potential Pharmapreneurs